Diving around Campbell River this weekend (8/27-28)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm about an hour away from Campbell river but if you can make it up my way (port alberni) I would totally be up to diving with you. What kind of diving are you looking for? Tec or rec? Up fro anything!!!!

Welcome to Campbell River!

Not sure if you are on your own or diving with some locals and/or charters, but beware of the current in the passage this weekend.

There are -11 knot ebbs and +12 knot floods on Saturday, -12 knot ebbs and +13 knot floods on Sunday, which means 1/2 of that at the dive sites in the passage. Slack current will be short and make for very challenging conditions at some of the popular sites.

There are some sites on the east side of Quadra island (short ferry ride from C. River - 10 min) that are not effected by exchange/current. Stop by one of the shops and get some maps or try to find someone going out. Also a couple of sites around by boat, but they are not that exiciting compared to the good sites around here.

Another route may be diving out of Comox Harbour (40 min drive) with one of the charters there (Pacific Pro Dive has their boat in Comox). Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for the tide info. I am going to stop at Pacific Pro in Courtenay to get fills and hope they have some suggestions.

How are the freshwater lakes around Campbell River?

I can either dive with locals at the more demanding sites or at a very easy site with my nephew.

Last edited:
No problem with the tides.

Bill at Pacific Pro Dive is out on a charter today, you will most likely run into his staff (Helen or Steve) at the store, they should be able to help you out with some site maps. If you run into problems, or don't get the answers you need, pm me and I'll do what I can do for you, I might be heading out, or will hook you up with someone who is. Talking to Bill last night, not sure if he (boat) will be out this weekend from Comox.

The fresh water lakes have poor vis here, I would promote the ocean as we have some good diving in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom