Diving around Yellowknife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hope your still here,, this is a couple years after the last reply`s but i am new to SB and just recently re-located to Regina, but i would love to do some great north diving,, so a couple questions i have, what have you found in the past two years up thereÉ did you ever find some of those WW2 planes. hope to hear from you :)

Is there anywhere to rent tanks and get fills in Yellowknife?
Sent from my Windowd Phone using Board Express

Might as well keep this thread going-

I just got back from the north. It is possible to get air fills in Yellowknife. I got my air fills from Fire Prevention Services. Small compressor, no banks, but they did have a whip with a yoke fitting on it so if you have a yoke tank, you are good to go. 2 of my tanks are DIN so luckily I brought my own DIN whip with me and they switched out the yoke for the DIN, no problem. Nice 3000psi fills. Good guys there. Fire department also has air but because there are businesses selling air, they didn't want to intrude on the community's business opportunities.

I needed 02 for my RB and I got it from Medic North. All they had were the medical connectors so once again we switched out their whip for my DIN. Good guys there as well. Max 2000psi.

As far as renting tanks...I have no idea. I brought my own as I was going to a mine site 600km north of YK. Who, as it turns out, had a kickass ~9cfm Bauer compressor with only 21 hours on the meter and a 2X4500 cylinder bank. Hasn't run in 3 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom