Diving backside of Molokini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver858

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be in the Kihei area weekend before Thanksgiving. Plan to go scooter diving with Maui Dreams - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - would also like to dive the back wall of Molokini. I have done the inside of the crater many times, snorkeled the backside earlier this year, looks like a GREAT experience.

Appears Prodiver Maui attempts the backwall for their first morning dive (weather permitting), not familiar with them. Anyone with recent experience? Other suggestions?

We always dive with Ed Robinson’s. It isn’t unusual for the first dive to be the backwall, especially when requested. We’ll be on the boat the Sunday before Thanksgiving for our first of many dives that week.

We always dive with Ed Robinson’s. It isn’t unusual for the first dive to be the backwall, especially when requested. We’ll be on the boat the Sunday before Thanksgiving for our first of many dives that week.
Mahalo! I will be participating in the Maui Century Bicycle ride that Sunday, will likely dive that Saturday.

Scuba Shack dives the back wall on request, though read reviews here and elsewhere beforehand.

I like the back wall. Good chance to see pelagics, though no guarantees.

The back wall of Molokini has a lot of great dive sites on it. Dived it on all my recent Maui trips off Ed Robinson's boat. Had some pretty amazing dives there, cool small stuff in the nooks and crannies, large pelagics, the sound of humpbacks, writing this makes me want to start planning another Maui trip soon! Keep in mind this an advanced live-boat dive.

We were in Kihei in April and did five days diving with prodiver, including multiple drifts on the back wall, when conditions allowed. It was pretty awesome, and they run a good operation. no complaints. Only risk is having any low experience or long time inactive divers on the boat, but usually they try to split the boat by skill level when they can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom