Diving channel islands in august

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at diving trip to socal in august, what ,generally,can I expect for clarity and surf/swell conditions? Is it a popular time of year to go?

Looking at diving trip to socal in august, what ,generally,can I expect for clarity and surf/swell conditions? Is it a popular time of year to go?
July through early October has the warmest water temps and visibility will be good- It is a nice time of year to dive in So Cal.
Where in So Cal are you thinking of going, how much diving do you want to do? - lots of options.

We're looking at channel islands no real preference which one. Went to San Clemente 30 years ago and I remember what a great dive site it was. Kelp forest should be fully grown by then and hoping to see sea lions.

We're looking at channel islands no real preference which one. Went to San Clemente 30 years ago and I remember what a great dive site it was. Kelp forest should be fully grown by then and hoping to see sea lions.
I would encourage you to look at doing a 3-4 day liveaboard trip. It will maximize your diving and get you to the best spots. Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara is my go to for multi day trips: Events Archive - Truth Aquatics
San Clemente Island has awesome diving, but the ability to dive there is dependent on the US Navy which controls access.

Not sure if your August dates are fixed, but I just came across this offer for the end of August. The Peace is a longstanding So Cal dive boat with a greta reputation: Labor Day Dive Trip - The Peace - Oxnard

Note that the post says Oxnard Harbor-- It is actually the Ventura Harbor- the clickable map is accurate. Poster just got the name wrong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom