diving charter around Isle Royale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jghead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Come diving with Isle Royale Charters on the Lake Superior Diver, a USCG inspected 38ft Chris Craft Commander.

Leaving Monday morning 8AM, June 14 from Grand Portage Marina in MN.

Returning Friday between 1-3PM, June 18

Charter boat is a "live-aboard" but each night will be docking around Isle Royale so participants can stay in shelters on National Park campgrounds (Bring your own bag and pillow).

All meals are prepared daily by your crew. There will be pleanty of food! We do not supply alcohol and have a limited supply of soda pop. Feel free to bring your own in aluminum or plastic containers as well as fruit/snacks etc.

Carpooling to and from Chicago can be arranged (including some shore diving opportunities on the return trip, if desired)

The trip is $999 and a $300 deposit is due at the time of commitment to the trip!

Nitrox and Argon are available on the ship for an added fee.

Wrecks include:

The America (2-80’), Cox (40-100’), Cumberland/Chisolm wreckage (30-90),Chisolm engine (120-155‘), Five finger Tug (10-20’), Emporer bow (25-100’), Emporer stern (100-155’), Congdon bow (70-110’), Congdon stern (20-200’), Monarch (20-70’) and the Glenlyon (10-50’).

Diving is recreational (with some opportunity for tech diving if desired)
Compressor and Nitrox blending on the boat
Amenities include head, refrigerator, generator, microwave
full bank of navigational tools and diver safety support equipment
All dives are conducted with buddy teams.
Visibility is seldom less than 25’ and often exceeds 50’.
Colder water is generally ~40 °F.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, I have quite a bit of information on the the trip, the diving, and the wrecks.

I need 3-4 people to commit to this trip in the next week or so. I promise it will be an adventure, so sign on and let's make it happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom