Diving Concepts Crushed neoprene Drysuit inflator valve disassembly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All, my Diving Concepts Crushed neoprene Neo Z drysuit is leaking by the inflator valve.
I guess it's a Si Tech valve,
It rotates to orient to the incoming hose.
It's a little separated from the neoprene.
I cannot find a way to disassemble it and I do not want to do too much force and break it.
I've already disassembled the dump valve and sealed back, but I caanot do this with the inflation valve.
Any hint ?

Thanks
traje-seco-diving-concepts-neoprene-comprimido-0.jpg
IMG_0722.JPG

Yes, Diving Concepts used Apeks valves with the DC badge. I recently changed out the dump valve on my DC drysuit. I ended up having to use two pairs of large channel locks to get it off, I just could not get it to break loose with my hands.

DW

I found that a pair of Smurf gloves gave me enough grip to twist off the valves as they usually aren’t glued in

A strap wrench may be useful as well. Cheap at Harbor Freight. I put the front of the valve in a vise lined with towels, then turned the back with the strap wrench.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom