Diving Destinations from Taiwan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, that is not cheap diving! I guess its about the same as the Big Island of Hawaii. Sounds like its good diving but I think the Philippines are more within my pricerange. I just came from Cozumel and diving was about 50-60 us / day 2 tank plus lunch.

Hi funkyspelunker,

Greetings from another diver from the great PNW! I just got back from the Philippines, more specifically, Malapascua Island near Cebu. Not only is it fairly inexpensive, but the diving is FABULOUS. Please PM me if you need any info. I also went to Moalboal for a couple days, in case you're interested in that area.

Mel

Package pricing in Japan puts you very close to the price you are looking at.

funkyspelunker:
I'll be headed out to Taiwan in a couple of weeks, I was wondering what your opinions were on a diving destination nearby that is very good wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to go to for a week from Taipei. I was thinking possibly Philippines (nearby- but from what I hear its not the safest place at the moment), Vietnam, Malaysia or Indonesia. I don't know how much flights are to those places but how is the diving, proximity of sites to major airports and costs? Any hypothetical iteneraries would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :dazzler1:

Why not consider Bali ? The rainy season there should be over. It is cheap, and both China Airlines and Eva Air offer direct non-stop flights from Taipei to Denpasar, Bali. The diving should not disappoint and it has quite a bit of interesting things to see top-side as well.

I'm curious...did you ever get to do any diving in Taiwan? I've lived there for 4 years and dove all over the island (including some outer islands). I could have told where to go in Taipei to find a group that dives regularly along the north coast--cheap and better than you might expect.

Yes, try Bali!

The rainy season officially runs Oct-March, however I believe the best diving season here is Sept-Nov, and again Apr/May. Now's the time for Mola-Mola (Oceanic sunfish) too.

Great diversity of dive sites and marinelife, lots to do topside as well.

Have a great trip, wherever you go.

What are the places in Taiwan to dive and the times of the years to do it? I'm in Taipei and looking to go diving in the next couple of weeks depending on the Vis. Todays vis I was told was 2M so I didn't want to waste it. But I have seen 10M Vis in Long Dong B4. Any other place alon the noth - east coast to dive that you might want to talk about?

Our brand new website is up!

If you are a diver, or would like to become a diver.

If you live and work in Taiwan.

Or perhaps you're just visiting Taiwan.

Taiwan Scuba is for you.

Lots of great information about scuba diving in Taiwan and how to access it.

Come and join our community.

www.taiwanscuba.com

info@taiwanscuba.com

Back
Top Bottom