Diving Erie, PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goofystan:
I remember years ago Lake Erie was a polluted dead lake(Bethelhem Steel etc.) and it was advised not to eat the fish. Has things changed?

Yes and No.

If it rains, don't think about going in the water

Zebra mussels cover everything, but they have cleaned up the water some.

I wouldn't eat anything out of the Lake myself, but I know a bunch of fisherman who do.

So your guess is as good as mine. :D

I can remember camping next to Lake Erie and being dissgusted by the shoreline and water. The Lake is now very clean. Haven't seen anything I'd rather not have in 15 years of diving Lake Erie. Woodsy Owl and his 'Don't Pollute' campaign did wonders!

Paula

I think I will pass...thanks for the info. I am afraid I will come out glowing...

Ok everybody. I found us a boat!
There is only enough room for 6 people, so the next 5 that sign up get to go, unless we can do standby or something.
Boat is located in Northeast, PA. You need to make the reservation with Dave, the owner of the boat. It is 28ft, with eneough room for 6. Dave is flexible with our dive times. I am thinking maybe a 9:30 show, 10:00 go. Sites planned are 110 and 60 ft wrecks, with an hour SI. We need to bring our own food and drink.
Charge is $55 per person, cash to Dave. Call him at 814-725-1945 and tell him you are with Scubaboard, and diving on July 30.
So, Post so I know who is going, as somebody invariably will be PM'ing me asking if there is room. Why not a bigger boat? Well, there didn't seem to be large interest, or, maybe I am just used to the Conch divers when 10-30 will sign up/show up for a dive. Regardless, I am looking forward to diving with ya'll!!
Now who has that 100mm wetsuit I can borrow??

Only 4 spots left on the Boat ! Got mine this morning.

I know which wrecks we are diving, and all I'm gonna say is
bwahaha.gif

:11:

I have to be in Key Largo that weekend. I really wanted to go but can't now.

:(

I booked earlier today so only 3 spots left. Forgot to ask if a second shift would be possible if we had more than 6 divers. Anyone know?

Also, for those that are geographically challenged, don't make the same mistake I did. The charter is out of the city of Northeast, Pennsylvania which is in the Northwest part of the state.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom