diving for science - last day this year is Sept 18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeppermintPaddi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got approval to dive and it came with this info:

I would like to take this opportunity to inform the three of you that the last day for volunteer diving and open water diving is September 18. This is because the Habitat Restoration Project is scheduled to begin shortly after that date. The Army Core of Engineers will be working on the project. They will fence off the area and no volunteer or open water diving will be allowed during construction. We do not have an exact day for the completion of the project. However, we’re expecting the project to be completed late spring or early next summer. I’m trying to get a newsletter out to inform volunteers that may not already know about this date. In the meantime, please pass this information on to your fellow volunteer divers.

Thank you,
Luke Hudnall
Volunteer Diving Coordinator
Aquarena Center

~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's hoping no one is harm's way of the fires.

Sounds like they're really going to do it this time.

Late Spring or Early Summer unless they find a Mastodon Head with a hatchet in it underneath the submarine :D

This time they really mean it. They already spent a quarter mil to helicopter the "morning glories" from Aquarena to a private ranch.

I'm going to go through withdrawal. What to do over the winter?

P-Paddi, when are you going? Hopefully, I'll be there Monday, the 12th.

Back
Top Bottom