Diving France?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One major discrepancy between the basic PADI system and the FFSSEM is that in the French system you are allowed and planning to go into deco mode. ...

This is the big thing and that which most people overlook when complaining. Level 3 is a decompression trained diver. PADI doesn't train for deco so it can only certify up to level 2. I think DSAT were looking at getting CMAS recognition so maybe the latest DSAT will get you a CMAS 3 star rating. FFESSM level 3 is a whole different thing to PADI Rescue. PADI DM is still level 2 as it still doesn't cover deco. In the CMAS system a "guide" is 4 star (level 4 in France). You cannot guide people that can go into decompression when you are not trained to do this yourself. You need at the very least to be able to undertake gas planning and to be able to hold a stop properly.

Agreed it is an annoyance for those wanting no deco dives in the 25-30m range and need an instructor to supervise. If you plan to dive France very often it is worth doing the crossover as freewillow suggests You can cross to L3 with PADI RD as the start point.

Conversion Rescue Diver PADI - Niveau 3 FFESSM avec Voyage-Plongée.com.

@chrisch. You are absolutely right. This is why, instead of crossover - I am not French but Begian - my wife and I - PADI DM - took and qualified as IANTD Advanced Nitrox, because that course covers deco diving up to 42m with a 15 min TTS with the addition of deco bottles up to 100% Oxy. A VERY useful course for the PADI divers.

@chrisch. You are absolutely right. This is why, instead of crossover - I am not French but Begian - my wife and I - PADI DM - took and qualified as IANTD Advanced Nitrox, because that course covers deco diving up to 42m with a 15 min TTS with the addition of deco bottles up to 100% Oxy. A VERY useful course for the PADI divers.

Agreed. That is the logical progression from Rescue Diver as it starts to build the decompression side of diving. It is also recognised by FFESSM & CMAS as Nitrox Confirmée which is a bonus. A good introduction to the twin tank (doubles in US) system as well.

Can anyone offer advice on a crossover path for me?

I'm based in Paris and would like take advantage of some diving before I hit the road again.

PADI DM + DSAT Tech Deep (deco diving, no trimix)

What's better about IANTD? Recognized here? I have my OW from IANTD and would have done a lot more with them if I had the money at the time.

Can anyone offer advice on a crossover path for me?

I'm based in Paris and would like take advantage of some diving before I hit the road again.

PADI DM + DSAT Tech Deep (deco diving, no trimix)

What's better about IANTD? Recognized here? I have my OW from IANTD and would have done a lot more with them if I had the money at the time.

I am not French but a neighbour. I do not believe that you will have problems with professional divers in France, nor with most amateur associations. But, like everywhere, there are idiots around. And these can make your life difficult. So choose well and you should have no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom