Diving Galapagos with Celebrity Xpedition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorgy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone dove the Galapagos on a Celebrity Xpedition cruise.

Celebrity says snorkeling in included and diving is extra, just wonder what the diving they offer is like.

We are booked on a 2014 Thanksgiving cruise.

Thx, M

hi mike!!!!
they may use a shore dive operater to sub out the diving
there are quite a few of them and from what i saw,well maintained
we went with national geo. and had a great time both above and below!!!
we snorkled with penguins which made my trip!!!!
i'd return in a heartbeat!
when you coming up diving man?????
take care
jim

I did this trip two years ago and loved the shore excursions and snorkeling. There is little opportunity to dive,however. The "bucket list" diving is in the northern islands of wolf and Darwin . The celebrity cruise doesn't go there.

IDK about the itinerary but if you are diving only close to shore i would give you the recommendation to dive the North Seymoure since it's supposed to be one of the best dive sites available from land.

Any naturalist cruise that offers diving uses a land-based dive operator and usually charges more than the land-operator does, however, also coordinates logistics for you. You will pay additional for diving and lose whatever day's activities included in your naturalist itinerary, thus paying twice. Diving will need to be matched to a site possible with your naturalist itinerary in order to work logistically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom