Diving holidays in Cyprus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaz

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know, I now have a web site, giving more details on our apartment in Cyprus, which will accommodate up to 6 divers and all their kit!

Go to http://www.kaz.supanet.com and let me know what you think.

Bye4now

Kaz

Hello Kaz,
Welcome to the boards, this is truely a place where you will find a wealth of information and make very important contacts as well.

I have been to Cyprus on two seperate occasions. One thing for sure is the summer months were so hot that news crews liked to break open eggs on the sidewalk and time how long it took for it to cook. The night life was outstanding though.

For a link to the above mentioned shop and many others in Cyprus click on the link below:
http://www.3routes.com/me/cyp/

Happy Surfing

I never dove in Cyprus.

But I snorkled in its roots once.

Tom

Hi!

I have been to Cyprus a few times and have dived the 'Zenobia' which is a huge container ship that sunk in the 80's. Its full of trucks and can be dangerous as the viz can go from good to 'where's my hand' in seconds. A few divers have died when they penetrated the wreck and lost their way out. However, it is a stunning dive and worth doing if you are out there.

Oh, and visit the Troodos mountains, they are breathtaking!!

Diving to Zenobia is fantastic. The reck is in good condition, about 30 to 40 meters deep. True that in order to enjoy you have to reach the maximum depth.
I know the story about the dead people but as far as I know they entered the engine room and the run out of air. If you just stay outside it's fine.
as far as I know this is the best place to dive in Cyprus. I do not know anything about the turkis part of the island.

Victor,

I've dived most places in the Med and Cyprus wasn't particularly thrilling (apart from Zenobia, of course) What really upset me was the amount of rubbish suspended in the water. Thousands of plastic bags and containers. Horrible.
Still least there were no turdfish!

Ugly indeed... sometimes people really don't care. If you take into account that the wreck is in actually inside the port area that explains it all.
I don't know a lot about the Med, I know the Indian Ocean area better and believe me you can find that sort of situation in some very famous places, especially where there is a lot of diving activity and not enough enviromental regulations.

I am disappointed to see such a negative report on diving in Cyprus in earlier replies. I can assure fellow divers that the water in most places around this beautiful island's shores is very clean, with superb visibility and interesting aquatic life, including turtles.

Recommend the Amphora Diving Centre run by Asim Uygur just outside Girne (Kyrenia) on the north coast. Really friendly folk, good instruction and a wide range of dive experiences close to hand.

:mean:

I am disappointed to see such a negative report on diving in Cyprus in earlier replies. I can assure fellow divers that the water in most places around this beautiful island's shores is very clean, with superb visibility and interesting aquatic life, including turtles.

Recommend the Amphora Diving Centre run by Asim Uygur just outside Girne (Kyrenia) on the north coast. Really friendly folk, good instruction and a wide range of dive experiences close to hand.

I have been back to Cyprus and Amphora recently. Two pieces of news. The Centre is now fully PADI accredited (S-32110) and has recently been substantially refurbished. An English instructor is on staff and everything is even better than before. Add to this wonderful dive sites in warm, clear water and what more could you ask for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom