Diving Hong Kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<- some people might see that as an insult...

this may come as a surprise, but the "Chinese crowd" is cool and speaks good English...
This may come as a surprise, but i live in HK over 10years already and the "chinese crowd" (which btw. was in no way ment as an insult to anybody) doesn't always speak very good english and is very often found in tight knited groups. Anyway one thing i wanna make clear. I have nothing against Diving Express. I often buy stuff from them and always enjoy a chat with the people at the shop. Also i have met nice people on the Diving Express boat! My personal opinion is though as a foreigner i enjoy diving on the Splash boat more. Personal point of view, nothing more nothing less!

The thing i like on the Diving Express boat btw. is that they go also on saturdays and pretty much every weekend and public holiday, giving big flexibility on diveplans.

... the "chinese crowd" (which btw. was in no way ment as an insult to anybody) doesn't always speak very good english and is very often found in tight knited groups.

That is true. Being the only foreigner on a boat where all other divers are Chinese can be a bit awkward in the beginning. But once some sort of communication is established, it is usually fine.

Although its not the same level of diving compared to philippines or Malaysia, i think HK and Shenzhen can provide rather good diving experience too. Great muck diving and huge boulders filled with critters. I managed to catch(with my camera) some giant groupers too. Visibility plays a big part here and I've been advised that if your schedule permits, do arrange your dive trip as late as possible because you won't know what the weather is like here. Its sunny most of the time in summer time but if it starts to be windy in the middle of the week, most probably you'll get bad visibility on the weekend.

But as i said, not as good as other places but certainly as a diver its a good experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom