Diving in Amsterdam area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrankF:
I will be in Amsterdam in mid May and was trying to gauge whether or not I should bring my gear. Are there any good places to dive within a few hours drive?? Also, I will be traveling with a non-diver so I would have to find somewhere that has groups or charters going out. Or if any of you from the board would want to meet up that would be great, too!

I have absolutely no knowledge of the diving in that area, so any information you have would be helpful.

Thanks!

Frank

I'll be happy to take you diving or give you an orientation if you need one. Most of the charters running from the Netherlands are engaged in non-trival wreck diving on the North Sea. It would be better to look for shore diving locations in Zeeland as the others suggested. There are several locations close to places where your friend can keep him/herself entertained topside while you're diving. You can PM me to organise something if you're interested.

R..

ScubaRon:
They probably couldn't find any stuntmen willing to take a plunge in the canals...LOL
Who needs stuntmen when there are plenty of divers who volunteer to do so? Example: last year there were more than enough divers willing to clean out part of the harbour in Dordrecht (probably lured by the free BBQ afterwards) :wink:

Thanks all,

I think I might just end up bringing my gear. My friend is from Antwerp and we were planning on heading there for a day or two, so I can probably get him to stop off in Zeeland on the way down. 90% of my diving is in cold water and limited vis, so that wont be an issue either. I'll definitely post something closer to the trip to see if any of you guys are still interested. Is there a place I can rent tanks and weights around there?

Frank

FrankF:
Thanks all,

I think I might just end up bringing my gear. My friend is from Antwerp and we were planning on heading there for a day or two, so I can probably get him to stop off in Zeeland on the way down. 90% of my diving is in cold water and limited vis, so that wont be an issue either. I'll definitely post something closer to the trip to see if any of you guys are still interested. Is there a place I can rent tanks and weights around there?

Frank

Finding rental gear is easy.

R..

Frank,

I live in Antwerp, give me a call when you pass and I'll try to point you to the best diving spots.

(Antwerp is nearer to the best spots in Zeeland than Amsterdam B.T.W.)

You can rent equipment or I can get you what you need (in exchange for copious amounts of beer off course).

steven

You can rent equipment or I can get you what you need (in exchange for copious amounts of beer off course).

steven[/QUOTE]

Good answer! Think I'll move on down to Antwerp and offer my gear, as well!

Phil

FrankF:
Thanks all,

Frank

II live just outside Amsterdam Frank. I can take you to a couple of freshwater lakes if I'm not working. Let me know when you'll be here and I'll see if I can arrange it.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom