Diving in and around Vero Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Synonymous

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking into a trip to Vero Beach in late August, looking for advice on dive shops to book through. Are there good excursions right in Vero, or should I go down to Jupiter? I've done a lot of diving in West Palm and Blue Heron Bridge, but not further up north.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Synonymous. First I will tell you to check out the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook or our website at Vero Beach Scuba Club - Home

short answer is "yes". We have some nice diving here. you'll need to watch the weather to get viz. most dives are just off the beach with depths around 20 feet. We have an extensive system of ledges and reefs. One can see turtles, sharks and lots of sealife along here. And we even have a couple of shipwrecks.

I'd pass the dive shops in vero though. if you need equipment, Sebastian Dive and Surf is the answer for Vero diving.

A trip south to Jupiter will bring you world class diving. Late August gives us the Goliath Grouper Spawning Aggregation. This is not to be missed!
My recommendations for dive ops:

Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com) 3 boats, lots of diving and a great shop and staff
Captain Sl8r (www.jupiterscubadiving.com) one of the best ops and crews ANYWHERE

a little further south puts you at Blue Heron Bridge. BHB is one of the top dive sites in the US. Diving is tide dependent (slack/high tide).

Blue Heron Bridge dive shop right there can help you out. They are owned by Stuart Scuba.

Nearby is Palm Beach diving. Another world class dive experience with tropicals and lush reefs.
Check out Florida Scuba Charters (www.floridascubacharters.com).

watch our club for any trips we have going out. we'll be diving the grouper aggregation several times. it's awesome.
feel free to PM me with any questions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom