Diving in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be in Aruba March 3rd thru 10th 2005. I always dive with Dive Aruba, but he is booked solid that week:confused4 Could anyone tell me another good dive company to use? I am looking to dive all week.

Thank you:voskl1:

I used Pelican Water Sports when I was there, boats were a good size, not too big. Dm's were good and the rental equipment was in good shape. You might want to try poking around www.aruba.com

I dove with Pelican ans was happy with them. Besides Clive at Dive Aruba, I've also heard good things about Unique Divers (located between the Radison/Ramada (can't remember which) and the Aruba Grand).

By the way. If you email Pelican they will send you a time/site dive schedule and you can somewhat plan several of your dives around that. They do change the sites sometimes based on conditions, but the times pretty much remain the same. They also offer free pickup and drop off (with a pre scheduled dive). You can also store your gear at their store on the pier. I did this and no one messed with it all week (but I did take my camera/regulator back to the room with me). They have security guard on the pier at night.

hope this helps. email/PM me if you have more questions.

mike

Pelican. Nice crew. Glad to know about leaving your gear at the pier, I might do that next time.

crpntr133:
Pelican. Nice crew. Glad to know about leaving your gear at the pier, I might do that next time.

note, they don't have "lockers" or anything to put your gear in. In the back corner is where people just "store" their gear so you don't have to haul it from the hotels all day. I just hung up my wetsuit and BC and put the rest of the gear in my bag and set it over there with the rest of them. No one bothered anything the whole time. Just saying that because you gotta be a little leary leaving your gear.

I wouldn't reccomend leaving a nice expensive dive computer though as they might walk away a little eaiser. I took my camera and regulator in an small backpack back to the room each day.

By leaving your stuff, it makes it easier. This way I could walk from my hotel down the boardwalk and not have to worry about their pick-up/drop-off. or I could stay and eat lunch on the pier, etc.

I dive with Native divers in the high rise resort area. Romeo. is a small operator like dive aruba. He only will take out a max of 5 divers at a time. Website is www.nativedivers.com.

Hi

I plan to be in Aruba the week of March 14th. I have dove with Clive the last time. Probably will head to Curacao for diving the week of March 21st.

Well, I am back from Aruba! Had a great time. Clive let me dive all week with Dive Aruba. Great guy, I highly recomend using Dive Aruba when in Aruba. Thanks Clive! :scubadive

Unique Sports of Aruba treated our group quite well. We were a larger group than they normally handle (30 from our LDS), but they did us well on their two boats. Nice people!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom