Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naemo

New
Reaction score
Hi all.
Im planning to take an open water course in Batangas, Philippines, but I'm unsure where specifically to take the course. I'm looking for a resort that's reputed for having good and effective dive masters, but with fees that are not overpriced. I've already done an introductory dive and my long-term plan is to continue training as a technical diver in the future, so I wanna start good. I have been advised to prioritize training quality over training location, but im a bit clueless on how to go about researching options. Any comment or recommendations on resorts or maybe where specifically i can find reliable reviews?

Many thanks.

Dive master is NOT qualified to teach OW or any diving courses.
There are plenty reputable operators around Batangas and Puerto Galera(just across the channel) area. But you really have to ask especially if the cost is your main concern. Small operators tend to charge a little bit less because of overhead.

Good luck.

If you don't mind going to PG, I recommend Asia Divers at El Galleon, good operation.

Good luck, Ingat po

I agree with D_Fresh

From what I understand and my experience diving Batangas (Anilao), most operators are dealing with experienced divers doing macro photography.

I did a few fun dives with Rolly, who works with Mermaid Resort in Puerto Galera. And I’ve also witnessed him patiently teach my friend Discover Scuba. I highly recommend Mermaid! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi all.
Im planning to take an open water course in Batangas, Philippines, but I'm unsure where specifically to take the course. I'm looking for a resort that's reputed for having good and effective dive masters, but with fees that are not overpriced. I've already done an introductory dive and my long-term plan is to continue training as a technical diver in the future, so I wanna start good. I have been advised to prioritize training quality over training location, but im a bit clueless on how to go about researching options. Any comment or recommendations on resorts or maybe where specifically i can find reliable reviews?

Many thanks.

I saw you posted this a last April? Any updates?
I got my OW cert in batangas. I personally recommend ASDC. Great instructor. His name is Oliver. Very patient and you'll definitely learn alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom