Diving in Bermuda while docked from cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husand and I are going on a cruise Sept 20-25 to Bermuda with Royal Caribbean. Yes...I know...Hurricane season...but anyway...moving on.

They offer a dive through the cruise for $150 pp. It's an all-inclusive, 2 tank dive - 1 wreck and 1 reef. Supposed to be about 5 hours. I've heard using cruise excursions isn't always the best, so I'm looking for any help/advice on what to do. Are there any good dive shops for about the same price? I don't have gear, but my husband does (Daytonadave on scubaboard). Not sure if he's bringing it with though. We're not flying to the port, so he may bring it. Then again...it may be a hassle to bring on board, so he may skip it.

Any help would be wonderful.:14:

Was just there. I paid $110. for the two dives. Better call ahead and make the plans well in advance. Take a taxi to the place about $20 usually. The water was cold so plan for that. We used Blue Water Divers. Not bad very basic. Find the wrecks that you want to visit and then find the operator that will go to the spot. Also book the dive for 8am so that you have the rest of the day to explore. We didn't have great weather while we were there. the wrecks are old and sometimes can't even tell what they were. The reefs are no biggie. Just ask for two wreck dives. Good luck. Don't rent scooters. The taxi and busses drive to fast. Also look into a bus/ferry ticket. Good deal. Also the ferry is real fast and nice. Good luck

I was there for four nights over the Fourth of July (but not on a cruise). I did two days of two-tank morning dives with Dive Bermuda. I agree with Mitchell's characterization ("Not bad very basic") even though we used different operators. I paid $120 for each of my two two-tank dives (and I had my own equipment). It's an expensive place. Water temp was in the mid-70s. I wore a 3/2 full and was fine. Many people rent scooters...we did not and did not regret it. Took taxis and the bus. [I wouldn't say the buses and taxis drive fast...but they certainly do tailgate the hapless scooters, even those driven by locals.] Enjoy.

Where is your ship docking? Blue Water Divers is on the west end, near the Dockyard; Traingle Diving is on the east end, closer to St. George; Dive Bermuda is @ the Southampton Princess Hotel, South Shore, closer to Dockyard than east end. Yes, you should book in advance, and if you have gear, plan on a taxi for transport. And booking an a.m. dive is great advice. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

We're docking in St. George. Anyone had very good or very bad experiences with Triangle Diving?

I dove BWD at somerset bridge when I was docked at Royal Naval Dockyard with Royal Caribbean. I took the bus to the shop and another bus to Hamilton as the ship moved. Make sure if you take a cab or bus your gear is dry (or not dripping).

I went to book Royal Caribbean Sept 20-25 out of Bayonne, bit Norwegian had Sept 20-27 for the same price, so this year I will be in St. George. I will be booking with Triangle. Talked to the guy on the phone and he said if I book with directly with him I would save money booking multiple dives and not renting gear.

If you've never been to the island, consider that if you book through the $hip the dive shop will get you or the $hip provides you with cabs. This is pretty convenient and the extra money that goes to the ship would have gone to transportation anyway.

We're going on a Norwegian Cruise and will be diving with Triangle Divers the last week of August. Our cruise doesn't have dives available so they had us book directly with Triangle. We'll be doing the afternoon dives and a night dive if all goes as scheduled. The shop said they would pick us up from the boat. We are only taking mask/fins/snorkel/wetsuits and renting the rest. One day of diving isn't worth lugging all our gear through an airport and dealing with second checked bag charges.

I'm sure I'll post a dive report at some point but don't know that it would be in time to be helpful.
Ber :lilbunny:

I would def recommend triangle divers, imho the best diveshop on the island. they pick you up from the ship and drop you back post-dive. captain maddox, mr. christmas, and Dane have an excellent outfit there.

happy diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom