Diving in Bermuda

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buy the bus pass, but use the ferry. There is a Sumerset Bridge ferry stop that is about 30 yards from the dive shop. Cheaper than the taxi, and the bus drivers can and will stop you from boarding with dive gear if the bus is more than half full. We've actually been told that the buses are for local people who need to get to their jobs - tourists come second. No problem taking loads of stuff on the ferry.

Add to the recommendation for Blue Water Divers. Like Greyfin, they did our first salt water dive after certification and we felt very safe and well looked after.

I have been going to Bermuda for over 20 years.I have always dove with "Dive Bermuda"(formerly Nautilus){yes the dive op and the BWD website have the same name !!!}
While I have never dove with Blue Water Divers, I have heard good things about them.
I'm just posting to second some of the earlier opinions:

1) get a bus pass/coupons, (the drivers cannot give change, and the coupon(?) or pass will save also $$) but take the ferry when you travel with your gear.

2) Taxis are VERY expensive-but usually faster than the bus.

3) just say NO to the mopeds/motocycle rentals-every year I have gone to Bermuda, I have heard of/seen the results of too many tourist accidents.

Enjoy your trip and your diving.

Mike

Thanks everyone for sharing with me your knowledge of bermuda,this will also be our first salt water dives too.I will call both dive ops and see what they have to say.One of the reasons we picked this cruise is it stays in st.george for 3days so we can book 3mornings of diving and not worry about getting back to the ship by a set time. Paul

miked:
I have been going to Bermuda for over 20 years.I have always dove with "Dive Bermuda"(formerly Nautilus){yes the dive op and the BWD website have the same name !!!}

Blue Water Divers have operated a web site www.divebermuda.com since 1996. The site is one of the most respected sites for Bermuda related dive information. The owners of Nautilus Diving changed their name to "Dive Bermuda" last year, some may say in an attempt to procure the domain divebermuda.com and to capitalize on the efforts of a business competitor.

In addition, the owners of Nautilus used the logo of Dive Inc. Added the word "Bermuda" and hoped no one would notice. So make your own assumptions!!

The fact that they have no scrupples as far as business is concerned doesn't mean they're a bad dive operation. It does mean they lack imagination and as such you may find yourself repeating a lot of dive sites with them.

They have been known to follow Blue Water Divers' boats to the outer reef!! Those reefs can be a bit*h if you don't know where your going!!! So it's not all bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom