Diving in Brisbane This Weekend: Operators & Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isuchopper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All-

Haven't posted here in many years due to a lack of fun dive travel. Turns out that I'm in Brisbane for work and got the weekend off. I'm really tempted by what I've heard about Flinder's Reef as well as HMAS Brisbane.

Can anyone comment on the likely dive conditions this weekend? Without any serious protection at Flinder's, I'm a little concerned about the swell. I'm not a huge fan of seasickness anymore...

Regarding dive operators, I was pointed to Snorkel Safari & Go Dive Brisbane but I would love some more guidance. Since I now have kids, I have to ask: any recommendations for particularly safe operations?

On a related note, I have a new Polaroid-branded dive case for my Panasonic GF3 with me on my trip. No diving on it yet, but I'm fairly happy with what I've seen given the price. If anyone's interested, I can post my impressions pre- and post-dive.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi All-

Haven't posted here in many years due to a lack of fun dive travel. Turns out that I'm in Brisbane for work and got the weekend off. I'm really tempted by what I've heard about Flinder's Reef as well as HMAS Brisbane.

Can anyone comment on the likely dive conditions this weekend? Without any serious protection at Flinder's, I'm a little concerned about the swell. I'm not a huge fan of seasickness anymore...

Regarding dive operators, I was pointed to Snorkel Safari & Go Dive Brisbane but I would love some more guidance. Since I now have kids, I have to ask: any recommendations for particularly safe operations?

On a related note, I have a new Polaroid-branded dive case for my Panasonic GF3 with me on my trip. No diving on it yet, but I'm fairly happy with what I've seen given the price. If anyone's interested, I can post my impressions pre- and post-dive.

Thanks,

Mike

Don't know what cert level you have or if you want to drag kids along(bad move!).

If you can get Thursday/ Friday off as well try this- Brisbane to Bundaberg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom