Diving in Central Kentucky??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Hamm

Contributor
Reaction score
In the middle of the biggest neighborhood ever
# of dives
0 - 24
Im about to become a brand new diver with my dad, we are getting certified together soon and kinda confused on where we could dive because of this being a landlocked state and all. We really want to be able to frequently visit a decent quarry or lake and just get our skills up and just maybe see some fish too. Any ideas that would be semi-close to louisville for diving?

Mitch

I would consider Falling Rock Park, but I dont think I can get in, 16 years old, I think you need to be 18? Any other ideas?

Thanks for that. I've heard of both, just checking

Hey Mitch! Welcome to the KPP!

If I remember correctly, a C card and a gaurdian signature on your release form at FRP and your set to go.

Hope to see you out this year.

Thanks Chris, heard about you on different threads, itd be great to hook up with some experienced divers sometime once I get my C card (learn some stuf). Figured I would get into Scuba now as water is my favorite thing ever and Ill prolly go into something having to do with 75% of our planet in college, thanks for the update Chris. Just might see u.

Mitch

Also... A wetsuit is ok, right? Or should I get a drysuit for round these parts, usually water isnt bad round here...

Also... A wetsuit is ok, right? Or should I get a drysuit for round these parts, usually water isnt bad round here...

I dove with a 3mil wet suit last weekend at FRP. O'K' down to 25' but it gets cold fast down there! 5 mil with hood and gloves would be good if your planning on any time below 25'.

80 at the surface, 70's down to 25' and 60's below 25'. Just depends on your tolerance for cold water.....

Thats fine then, I dont get cold easy, ive been known for shorts in snow, its not bad. Thanks again, hope to see some of you all down there after I have time to get my cert. cant wait.

One last question for anyone who can answer... Any rental gear down at FRP or do I need to own my own? Just curious, money is tight in my pocket. I work all the time but as a 16 year old with a pontiac gto (350hp) insurance is like freakin on the moon. Jus curious if i gotta spend more, haha.

Back
Top Bottom