Diving in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, it was two years ago (Jan 2003) but I really enjoyed diving Reef 2000 (www.reef2000.com).

I stayed at the Beduin Moon, which is where the diveshop is located so it was handy as well. It's considered budget but I thought it was adequate and quite comfortable. If you want something more upmarket, you can stay at the Hilton or one of the other more swish places.

Most of the dives will be shore dives (if they'll do it, ask for the 'House Reef' which is the area in front of Beduin Moon) and in addition, they had packages like the camel to divesite trips and daytrips to Ras Mohamad and Strait of Tiran. Send them an email before you commit and see what your options are.

Something to keep in mind when going to Egypt: stomach bugs are enemy number one - forget terrorism and rabid camels. Everytime I've gone there, people always come down with ailments - varying in seriousness and duration. Always use bottled water and don't rinse your toothbrush with tap water.

Have fun

Louie:
and in addition, they had packages like the camel to divesite trips and daytrips to Ras Mohamad and Strait of Tiran.
Have fun

I wouldn't even consider taking camel trips to the strait of Tiran. As fas as I know, most camels can't swim that good :eyebrow:
From Dahab to Ras Mohammed by Camels? It can be a nice ride of several days, after which you'll curse the day... :D

Just joking... Ras Mohammed and Tiran are closer to Sharm El Sheikh, so better visit these sites while staying in Sharm, otherwise you waste quite a lot of time driving all the way from Dahab to Sharm in order to get there early enough for the boats (and get back quite late at night).
While staying in Dahab, better concentrate in nearby sites, and vice versa whan in Sharm.

There are lots of diving clubs in Dahab, and most of them- if not all- take divers to the same sites, more or less. Most popular sites are variations of the Blue Hole/Bells and the famous Canyon, but there are lots of great dive sites all over, like The Islands, Abu Hellal, etc. etc. As I said, any club will take you there anyway.
As suggested, you can take a Camel ride to Ras Abu Galum, which is a rather short ride a few km north of the Blue Hole with great dives, or a day trip to Gabr el bint (boat or combination of car and camels) which is great too. Another great option is Ras Mamlach which is nother to Ras Abu Galum.

You won't be bored :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom