Diving in early pregnancy ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man... I know most the board hates me anyways but geesh..

If I were a woman and still wired the way I am, I would dive without hesitation..

In our current society, we cant get data like this because, as stated above, there cant be any tests allowed.

The way I think of it is that your body is a vessel and while you have pressure going on all over it, its not destroyed or disfigured during your breif underwater time.. now if there were some embryo or fetus in a fluid within your body, I dont think that it would sustain any trauma.. of course I am not medically trained but I am also a huge believer in doing what you want when you want to because there are no guarantees in this life. even if you went with the majority or lived "by the book" whichever book you choose..

So, my answer would be do what you feel like doing. and when you do it, do it without remorse or guilt and truly enjoy it because it would be a crime to not.

p.s. - For the record, I did not read any of the replies until after I hit reply.

Man... I know most the board hates me anyways but geesh..

If I were a woman and still wired the way I am, I would dive without hesitation..

In our current society, we cant get data like this because, as stated above, there cant be any tests allowed.

The way I think of it is that your body is a vessel and while you have pressure going on all over it, its not destroyed or disfigured during your breif underwater time.. now if there were some embryo or fetus in a fluid within your body, I dont think that it would sustain any trauma.. of course I am not medically trained but I am also a huge believer in doing what you want when you want to because there are no guarantees in this life. even if you went with the majority or lived "by the book" whichever book you choose..

So, my answer would be do what you feel like doing. and when you do it, do it without remorse or guilt and truly enjoy it because it would be a crime to not.

p.s. - For the record, I did not read any of the replies until after I hit reply.

The board does not hate you, but you have posted opinions on topics that are definitely contrary to accepted beliefs about scuba. When you say things with which 95% of people disagree, you should expect them to push back. You appear to be fine with that, though, so don't complain about something that should be expected.

Here you make a definite minority view about medicine. Expect more pushback.

The danger has nothing to do with pressure on the fetus. The problem is that any nitrogen buildup and any related bubbles in the mother's blood pass through the placenta into the developing fetus. A level that the mother's adult body can accept may have serious consequences for that developing fetus.

We already know you put your children in harm's way. You've made it very clear in other threads that your pleasure is more important than the lives of your children.

hold off on that dive sweetie they dont know what the nitrogen can do to the fetus and if it could get the bends even if you don't

Back
Top Bottom