Diving in Gros Morne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loci

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am heading to Gros Morne at the end of the summer and would love to dive there. Its gotta be awesome, right?

I am having trouble finding any dive tour operators in the area. The folks at OceanQuest tell me they don't run dives from Gros Morne.

Anyone know any operators, dive shops, or divers who would want to buddy up in the area?

Thanks.

I read an article a while ago saying there was diving through the marine institute in Bonne Bay but then it said the provider was Ocean Quest.

I know there was a dive shop in Kippens, near Stephenville (a couple of hours of Gros Morne) but I'm not sure if they're still open or not. The website hasn't been updated in years.

There is a fairy active group on Facebook called "Scuba NL" - maybe they could help you out? I'm interested too but I will be there in October for a whole.

Thanks for the tips.

I read that article too (globe and mail). The guy at Ocean Quest knows it too. They will charter their boat to divers but they don't run a dive operation out of Gros Morne. None of the staff seem to be divers.

As I am not traveling with any other divers, I need to find someone to dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom