Diving in Guam with a local Diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My husband and I will be in Guam for several days at the beginning of May. Are there any local divers who might be interested in taking us out for a day or two? I know Guam has a lot of Navy folks, my husband is a former Nuclear Submarine Engineer who served six years during Desert Storm. Maybe a fellow Navy guy/gal might wanna make some extra money? We have all our own equipment, rescue certs, and comfortable diving in a multide of conditions. Not looking for someone to hold our hand, just looking to avoid the crowded tourist boats. Thxs!

Check in with Micronesia Divers Association (MDA). There are many shore dives on Guam with easy access that they can point you to that you don't even need a local diver to go to.

Oh, that's good info to know. This is actaully what we did in St. John too. We kinda wanted to dive the two popular wrecks, but not with 25 other divers...

The best wreck combo to see on Guam is the Tokai Maru and the SMS Cormoran. They are located in Apra Harbor and pretty easy to find. The Cormoran was scuttled in WWI and the Tokai was torpedoed in WWII settling on top of the Cormoran. Only place in the world you can touch wrecks from both World Wars at the same time! I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to take you out to the wrecks in a zodiac or something or other. Outside of that, you could probably hire a dive master from MDA to guide you out there. Also, if you don't have a qualified guide, best to not penetrate the wrecks :) BTW, if you do have to go out on the regular MDA boat, bear in mind that these are large wrecks, the Cormoran is something like 380 feet and the Tokai is over 400, so if there are 16 divers or so on them, they can be pretty spread out.

Second MDA they also have a guided beach dive on the weekends and now a night/dusk dive I think on Fridays. All of the employees will give you info on where to go.

Back
Top Bottom