Diving in Holland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MatWill

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i'm thinking of a EU tour and was wondering if anyone had heard of decent diving in Holland?

yes i was planing on drysuit diving.. never really dived in really cold water so it will be a nice change.. will prol head over april or so.. was hoping i could see some wrecks etc

If you follow the link and go to the map(lokaties)you'll see that most dives
are inland dives,not to many wrecks out there.
Most wreckdiving is done on the North Sea,april will be a litlle early in the year
for North Sea diving(weatherwise)and will cost you 60-90 euro per dive :11:
Don't know where you will be staying, but south of Holland has some real good diving.
April/may is the time for cutllefish,and it can be a litlle crowded :D

Why Holland???

Good coldwater diving in Europe is available but (with apologies to our Dutch friends) the Netherlands would be only one place above my own Luxembourg and then simply because we are landlocked :D

Go elsewhere.

Chris

If you figure out anything please let me know. I travel to Amsterdam many times a year and have yet to do a dive. The fogoisle seems to be the preferred boat but they seem to prefer 3 day dive trips over the single day trip I get here in NYC.

chrisch:
Why Holland???

Good coldwater diving in Europe is available but (with apologies to our Dutch friends) the Netherlands would be only one place above my own Luxembourg and then simply because we are landlocked :D

Go elsewhere.

Chris

Luxembourg has water deep enough to dive in?! Hm. You learn something new every day... :)

Super, where are you going on your trip?

R..

IceBergSlim:
If you figure out anything please let me know. I travel to Amsterdam many times a year and have yet to do a dive. The fogoisle seems to be the preferred boat but they seem to prefer 3 day dive trips over the single day trip I get here in NYC.

The Fogo does overnight trips (leaving dock around midnight and getting back the next evening) because it's slow. There are other, faster boats but they're often booked up well in advance.

Also, if you dive with the Fogo you'll learn a whole new meaning to "souvenir hunting"

A *whole* new meaning. It's something you would just have to accept.

R..

Superform:
yes i was planning on drysuit diving.. never really dived in really cold water so it will be a nice change.. will prol head over april or so.. was hoping i could see some wrecks etc
You don't need a drysuit in April anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom