Diving in Kuwait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

washow88

Reaction score
I am planning to go to Kuwait next month for a business trip.
Do you know if the Kuwaiti authorities have lifted the ban on recreational boats?
I have been in Kuwait before and the closest dive site required a boat ride for about 90 min.
Thanks

Word is the ban has been lifted. didn;t get that through official channels so who knows.....

Will be In K.S.A. in 2 weeks for a contract, gulf is great.

There is lots of shore diving in kuwait!

Yes, they have lifted the ban for Kuwaiti boats, and we have been enjoying the sea since then, However, you are only aloud to be there in the sea crusing in your boat from 6 AM to 7:30 PM unless you are parked on an island for sleep over.

If you come to Kuwait try Kubbar Island, and if you need a company you are more than welcome to come along. see ya

=-)

"There is lots of shore diving in kuwait!"

Where? I have been missing out...

agsurfer47:
"There is lots of shore diving in kuwait!"

Where? I have been missing out...

There's a good reef right near the naval base south of Kuwait City that isn't too far to swim from shore. Good regular dive spot if you don't have a boat.

washow88:
I am planning to go to Kuwait next month for a business trip.
Do you know if the Kuwaiti authorities have lifted the ban on recreational boats?
I have been in Kuwait before and the closest dive site required a boat ride for about 90 min.
Thanks

You should have trouble finding a boat ride. BSAC is active as are many other clubs. I've picked up divers at dive shops as well. Lot's of English speaking potential dive buddies without looking too hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom