diving in phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many dive centers here do not have their own boats so book onto other people, this means the boats can be crowded and will be at the time of year you are here. You will need to book in advance if you have specific sites and dates that you cannot move.

We have our own boats and have suitable sites for you both on Friday and Sunday, but not Saturday. We take a maximum of 20 guests on board so not overcrowded.

As several people mentioned before if you do not want challenging sites you should avoid the shark point area. These are ok for confident open water divers, The king cruiser is not suitable for open water divers at all, this is a deep shipwreck which can have strong currents and lower visibility. The site only starts at 18m depth.

Many dive centers here do not have their own boats so book onto other people, this means the boats can be crowded....
huh? I'm having trouble connecting that cause and effect. Are you saying that the boat owners don't know how many divers that other shops will be bringing on board? That doesn't sound right. It's my understanding that some boats can be very crowded and others can be very roomy but that has nothing to do with how the divers booked the trip.

huh? I'm having trouble connecting that cause and effect. Are you saying that the boat owners don't know how many divers that other shops will be bringing on board? That doesn't sound right. It's my understanding that some boats can be very crowded and others can be very roomy but that has nothing to do with how the divers booked the trip.

Sorry what I was saying was that some boats will take 40+ guests plus staff on board, so could end up with many divers. The boats may be bigger, but the divers all go into the water at the same sites and at the same time.
At the time the OP will be here is peak peak season, so most boats will be full to capacity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom