Diving in Shanghai, China

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm living in Shanghai, and I found it's very hard to find a place to go diving here, although Shanghai is surrounded by sea, the sea water's visibility is very bad.......
Fortunately, I found an aquarium offers the "Dive with Sharks" program, that's very cool there. They have over 100 sharks, 6 of them are very big, 10 feet long I think. They provide all the Scuba diving gears, and have a dive master accompany with us underwater. And also many turtles, rays, stingrays, visibility is fantastic too. The most interesting thing is u can find some sharks' teeth on the bottom, the depth is 20 feet. I got many of the teeth, the dive master tell me I can keep them!
Oh, the name of the aquarium is Aquarium21, I got the contact telephone No., +86 13816963655, name is Adonis Zhang.

I've been there, not as a diver though.
Beware, at least one of the sharks had a bite of live human flesh. Rumor has it that the shark enjoyed it and may try again.

nuswhl:
I've been there, not as a diver though.
Beware, at least one of the sharks had a bite of live human flesh. Rumor has it that the shark enjoyed it and may try again.
I think all the divers know the sharks are not aggressive, I have been diving with the hammerhead b4, I don't think they will attack people. Even the great white, they bite people just because they think them as seals.
And, I heard the aquarium and the "bitten" diver went to the court, but the result is courtroom said that's not a "bite", but a crash. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom