• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Diving in Southwestern Germany or Luxembourg?

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by Chad Ryther, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Chad Ryther

Chad Ryther Garibaldi

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Any favorite dive locations within 3 hours of Saarbrucken, Germany?

Sam Miller III likes this.
  2. chrisch

chrisch Solo Diver

There are a lot of lakes in that part of the world. We lived in Luxembourg and the lake there can be dived all year round. SCUBA.LU - Dive Sites - Haute Sûre

it is not the most interesting place but it can be very nice in high summer when the shoals of fish fry are in the warm upper part of the water. There are plenty of pike all year round. It does freeze over now and then (less now as the world warms up) and can be a passable ice dive.

Bodensee is a the best known lake I think and has a couple of wrecks if I remember. I used to visit a German dive forum but my anti-virus is stopping me now from looking at it.

There are some cave dives going south if that is your thing. We took up cave diving when we lived in Luxembourg as it offered the most opportunity to dive.

Sam Miller III likes this.