Diving in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

interestingly, the thread came alive after i returned from a shortlived dive trip to TW.

Was at Green Island over the weekend. The corals are stunningly rich and plentiful.

Was doing mostly shore dives as my local friend did not managed to hooked us up with the local operator whose boat trip we could join. Found out about this boat trip & the babes (from Taipei) on board only much later.

Only peeve, the stupid typhoon 1500km and caused heavy winds and waves. My friend & I got knocked down while attempting shore entry by 1/2 m wave....

Will I return ? Yeah, if I can find out how to take a flight instead of the coach / rail + ferry .

I have to agree with Taiwanscubadiver... houbeihu (or the flower garden) has some very beautiful coral.. during the summer (right now) there are jet ski's and a lot of snorkelers at the surface..

Some other dive spots along Kenting that are really nice are sand beach near sail rock... I've heard Green Island is really nice as well as this other island 'Xiao Liu Qiu' (about 1 hour boat ride from Kenting)..

IF anyone is planning a trip out to Green Island please let me know.. I'd love to come along...

By the way did any of you catch the coral eggs spawning about a week and a half ago.. that was pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom