Diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juv once bubbled...
Krabi is absolutely a nice province, with many stunning lanscape that you might have seen from the movies - i.e. "Koh Phing Kan" in James Bond's The Man with the Golden Gun and "Maya Bay" in The Beach.

About diving, there're many dive operators at Koh Lanta Yai (the main island in Lanta Marine National Park), Ao Nang Bay and Railay Beach that offer both local reefs and islands diving around which you can enjoy wrecks, caves and exciting swimthrough. I went diving there last year with Blueshark Divers on a special diving package and I really love it.

You can check these links below to learn more about Krabi.

http://www.krabiholiday.com
http://www.kolantabeach.com/divepackage.htm
http://www.railay.com/railay/diving/diving_intro.shtml

Don't forget to check CNN Weather Report before planning your trip. It's monsoon season here - flooding in many provinces of my beloved country. Best time to dive the Andaman is December to early April.

Hope you'll have a great vacation and welcome to Thailand :)

thanks Juv

Would love to go there one of these days ... to visit the land of thousand smiles

Re : the Weather in the "low season"

Juv recommends checking the weather reports. There seems to be a myth out there that the weather here in the low season is terrible, gales, monsoons, huge waves, constant rain, all trips cancelled etc...

In fact, the weather in Phuket and the surrounding area (Phi Phi, Krabi etc.) is very mild. If you come here for 2 weeks you will have a week of good weather, a few days of OK weather and a few bad days. Trips are rarely cancelled. It is now October. The weather is hot and sunny, with just a daily rain shower around lunchtime or in the evening. We have just been diving from the beach today - no waves and lots of life.

I'm just trying to set the record straight. Weather in Phuket is best from November to May, but is not bad at other times of year. If you can book a trip in the low season, you have less divers in the water and hotel prices are much, much lower.

Happy Travels, and Happy Diving!
Diving in Thailand

If you are looking for the best liveabroaf boat in this country, I would suggest try MV Aqua I. Each bedroom contains a bathroom, shower, and toilet. No sharing, no hassel. I believe there is also a room dedicated for photographers where you can recharge your batteries, clean your camera and what other tasks you need to do. Usually one of the top underwater photographer in this country would be on this boat, doing what he loves, and don't mind sharing. The only catch is that Aqua I usually sells their trip in other countries, and if you plan to make a booking in Bangkok, you may get diappoited. the price is a bit too steep for ordinary Thai (even quoted in dollar), but for those that can afford, Haven't heard one complain yet. By the cook in that boat can beat lots of restaurants hands down.

Back
Top Bottom