Diving in the Celestun area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have searched high and low and have found nothing. I had given up but watched on Discovery the other day the new series Cooper's Treasure. They were diving in this general area and it looked decent. The huge boat said SCUBA on the side, so I know there is something somewhere! Perhaps they are based in Campeche which is about 2.5 hours away - a bit far.

Does anyone know of a dive shop in the general area? Even a cenote works, just looking for a little 'scuba fix' while there without driving 4 hours to the Cancun area. Thank you!

I don't know Yucatan Dive Center, I do know one from Altabrisa, Francisco.

I do know that the cenotes around Merida are not nearly as busy as the ones around Playa del Carmen and around Tulum.

We just returned last night! But thank you for the responses. Celestun is a beautiful area, but no diving. We opted to just chill instead of make the 1.5 hr drive to Merida. I think there might be some great diving off the coast. I am surprised there was not one dive shop, or dive master offering his services. They have a thriving Sea Cucumber trade, and many folks 'dive' and die - seems like requiring people to get certified or at least offering it there might be something looking in to for someone looking for an adventurous endeavor!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom