Diving in The Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know if its easy to find a charter to these dive sites as none of the friends or family I travel with are divers?

As long as you have car,you're good to go.
From Haarlem to the Zeeland divesites it about a 1:35h drive.

:rofl3:

Glad you're Dutch.:rofl4:

Hi 300, thanks for the response. We usually stay in Amsterdam centre, occasionaly Haarlem, but I know that makes little difference. We were considering attending the Oerol festival on Terschelling Island in June so we may end up staying there or near by.

Hello maple bubble, thank you for the information. I'm a very inexperienced diver, however by the time I do dive in the Netherlands I should have completed a padi AOW course in local waters (North east and scotland, in autumn :cold:). I know that wont make me an expert, Im just making my experience level clear. Also, I really dont know what my diving preferences are yet, so im open to all experiences.
Summer will most likely be when I'd be considering diving as during the colder months we tend only to visit for a weekend.

El Orans and 300bar. Thanks for the links. Im gong to have to brush up on my Dutch though... Du man een het vrouw lopen. Du jongen is op het paard. Du vogal is rood.

I live about 2-3 hour drive from your area but dive several times per year in the coastol region (Zeeland)
Taking your experience into consideration I would advise some beach diving in and around a town called "Scharendijke". There is a dive center called "de Kabbelaar" they have very simple/cheap rooms with a changing area for diving and have a very nice dive site extremely suitable for less experienced divers. They can arrange a Dive Master and rental gear for you from their shop. They also regularly charter dives on a boat called "MS Theo" it takes divers to well known dive sites but allows you to approch from the lake side offering excellent vis.
And no, I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a happy customer.
Feel free to send me a PM when you know more about when you are coming, maybe we can meet up.

I live about 2-3 hour drive from your area but dive several times per year in the coastol region (Zeeland)
Taking your experience into consideration I would advise some beach diving in and around a town called "Scharendijke". There is a dive center called "de Kabbelaar" they have very simple/cheap rooms with a changing area for diving and have a very nice dive site extremely suitable for less experienced divers. They can arrange a Dive Master and rental gear for you from their shop. They also regularly charter dives on a boat called "MS Theo" it takes divers to well known dive sites but allows you to approch from the lake side offering excellent vis.
And no, I am not affiliated with them in any way, just a happy customer.
Feel free to send me a PM when you know more about when you are coming, maybe we can meet up.

Thanks maple bubble. This sounds like exactly what im looking for. I'll let you know when I'll be there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom