Diving in the Seychelles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHH

New
Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a Bareboat trip with Sunsail to Seychelles. How good is the diving there? Is it ok to rent tanks and weights and dive on your own? Do they have tank refilling in various places, for example LaPasse, Les Souer and Curieuse or anywhere else? I have a boat with sunsail in the BVI and we dive on our own all the time, the diving there is great and :) fun!:)

Any info you can give would be great! I'm a :bonk:novice:bonk: to this area of the world.

Thanks,

Will

I was looking to book a holiday and an acquaintance at my local pub who's an experienced diver said the diving was very good. In his words he had the "best dive of my life ever" on one of the offshore sites. Check out the PADI site and get through to those Dive operators with web sites. There are at least two who have all the dive sites listed on their web page with a map and a description of each site.

Hope you find this useful

Regards

just another pointer, it will not be under Europe in the atlas or PADI, try the Indian Ocean off the coast of Kenya (West Coast of Africa)

Hello Will,

Just got back from sailing with Sunsail in the Seychells. I also have a boat in the BVI and used another boat for 17 days. It was a awesome sailing trip but diving was the worst. All the reefs have been dead since 1999 but the marine life was great. Found one dive shop to rent tanks at $10/day/tank (got in four dives). So we got into free diving and snorkling in 0-50' range. The rain forests parks are a must. If you need more info, please feel free to ask.

I would suggest taking your boat in the BVI to the island of Culbra just west of San Juan. From the BVI it would take about 9 hours, great sail. The island is isloated with great diving and they have two little compressor on island for fills or rentals. You could spends months diving on virgin reefs. One island you can dive under, in a swim thru to the other side.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom