Diving Instructor death - Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahhh! what is up with all these instructors dying :( this is the 3rd i've heard this year can't we all just dive safe :D

Always descending,
c.h.

suthnbelle:
So I don't have to PM everyone I wanted to remind you all of the Sticky at the top of this forum which states all accident/incident postings, and articles referenced, need to have all names scrubbed out of the post. I have deleted all names mentioned.

PM me if you have any questions.

Don, thanks for remembering the rules. :D

Mel

I forgot to edit the names out.

Knight:
Ahhh! what is up with all these instructors dieing :( this is the 3rd i've heard this year can't we all just dive safe :D

Always descending,
c.h.

No one knows if this was a dive accident or just an accident or anything else. The newspaper has yet to run a followup on it, if it ever will. It caught my eye in the paper under the title of Two Americans Die in Separate Incidents. When you are an American living outside the US you sometimes tend to notice things like your fellow contrymen turning up dead in places you have a tendency of visiting.

It would be easier to search for more info with the deceased name, but such is omitted in this forum so that if a relative does a Google or other search someday, they don't stumble into these discussions. Our objective here is to learn from the accidents of others, and such could seem unkind to a loved one. There has been talk of a memoriam forum, but not yet.

Something should surface in the Wisconsin news sources soon. Maybe we can learn more then...?

DandyDon:
It would be easier to search for more info with the deceased name, but such is omitted in this forum so that if a relative does a Google or other search someday, they don't stumble into these discussions. Our objective here is to learn from the accidents of others, and such could seem unkind to a loved one. There has been talk of a memoriam forum, but not yet.

Something should surface in the Wisconsin news sources soon. Maybe we can learn more then...?

do a search that way with the only information being the same story I read in the print edition of LaPrensa I get every morning. Knowing that many people on this board frequently go to the islands and several were in the islands on or about the time that this occured, I posted simply to inquire if, while on the island, they had heard or seen anything that would shed more light on the subject.

I no longer go to Roatan and neither do my friends. In fact, they have sold their properties on Roatan and moved into the central highlands. I use my vacation time to return to the US for teachers workshops. Those of us up in the highlands have essentially lost all of our personal contacts on Roatan that kept us up to date on events.

The kid usually plans a summer trip to the island but has decided to look elsewhere at the moment.

I was in Roatan last week, at Coco View, and I heard two differrrent stories about a DCS injury and diver death at FANTASY ISLAND on the same boat trip or night dive. Someone who was at that resort may have the correct information.

Hi, Steve

LMFAO!! The things that happen on Utila don't even get posted on here. LOL.

Regards,

DeepBlueDivers:
Hi

As most of you know we are on the next island, Utila, we have heard nothing about this.

I hear from sources down in West End that a guy choked on his own vomit, whilst diving and they couldn't bring him back. He was apparently at FI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom