Diving Interests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Eagle

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From my experiences working in different areas of diving, I have been exposed to many different types of diving and many different topics in diving. I have probably learned more since I started working in the industry than I did before because some topics like dive medicine, underwater mapping, underwater research, etc. have really become interesting to me and I am constantly looking up and reading more information about these fields.

What is one area of diving, basic or advanced, that you have been exposed to and plan to pursue intensely?

Cave diving :)

Longer SI's so I can get more rays.

I am going to go in a bit of a different direction than you are looking at, as I can't say "wrecks" or "cave" or "Tec diving".

I have started an un-official internship with the shop I am doing my DM with, and I am really, really enjoying helping out new divers, especially ones who are having issues - this a blast......

It's all about deep wrecks for me.

From my experiences working in different areas of diving, I have been exposed to many different types of diving and many different topics in diving. I have probably learned more since I started working in the industry than I did before because some topics like dive medicine, underwater mapping, underwater research, etc. have really become interesting to me and I am constantly looking up and reading more information about these fields.

What is one area of diving, basic or advanced, that you have been exposed to and plan to pursue intensely?

Over the years I've done most of what I ever expected to do. I love wreck diving and around where I live there is still the chance of finding a previously unidentified wreck.

I've had the thrill of diving a couple of unknown wrecks and being part of the team that ID'd one of them... I get a big kick out of this and I'd like to "be there" "done that" and "get the T-shirt" again.

In terms of skills development I may learn how to dive mix at some point but around where I live mix skills are like being able paint with oil but having no source of canvas.

R..

I did a lot of challenging diving in the past, now I'm just happy as a clam to dive shallow and warm and watch the fishies.

I'm still far too new to be getting into a specific focus right now; however, eventually I'd like to get into photography.

I just got bitten by the UW photography bug so for now that'll be a driving pursuit. Really exposed my need to improve and increased my desire to improve.

Plus ONE here. Underwater Photography. AND I would like to extend my shallower bottom time (i.e. not exceeding recreational depths but getting longer beneath the surface).....this is still off in the distance because I am FAR from a qualified photographer yet and that comes first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom