Diving jobs in Hawaii???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uhaul

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished up rebreather, deep tech, and mixed gas blending instructor certs. and looking for a job on Oahu, Hawaii. I used to live there and loved every minute of it!!! Currently safety diving in the Virgin Islands. If anyone knows anyone or somewhere to look I would greatly appreciate the help!!! Thanks:)

Glad to hear you're thinking of moving back. :)

Anyway, as I'm sure you know, there are tons of dive operations here - but I have no idea how often they hire additional instructors or staff.

Given your stated instructor certifications, I would suggest that one of the first places you try is Hawaii Sea Adventures. I know that they offer tech, mixed gas, etc. classes and a few of their instructors are similarly certified. If they're not actively looking to hire, they may have a lead for you.

I've been on Maui for several weeks. On my first day here I was in the Maui Dive Shop in Kihei (big outfit) and a guy was asking for a job as a divemaster. Two days later he was working in the store and two weeks later he was working on dive boats. He is now getting certified as an instructor. Now I have no idea what he's making or going to be making but he's working.

I suspect there is a large turnover on the islands. The stats show that 90% of people who move here return to the mainland within 5 years.

I also know of an instructor who moved here on Maui 5 years ago. His goal was to make a living in scuba or he would return home to Oregon. He is still here.

Another consideration is diving in Hawaii is mostly maui or hawaii. Oahu isn't known as a top destination as other islands are. But then again there are divers everywhere, even in Oregon where I live.

Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom