Diving Lakes Entrance to Mallacoota, Victoria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steyr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm planning out a 10 day trip to Lakes Entrance, Croajingalong National Park, and Mallacoota in November. It's not a dive trip, but anywhere I go I like to suss out the diving options and see if I can get a dive or two in. Shore or boat doesn't matter.

Do you know of any dive shops/charters in that area? I have googled and found Jeff Cross diving services in Lakes. Nothing in Mallacoota.

Or any locals who would be willing to take me out for a dive? (I'm a competent and safety conscious recreational diver)

Hi Mate,

Dive sites around lakes entrance are few and far between. Ive been going to lakes entrance for the last 15 years. Just out of lakes entrance towards Lake Tyers is "the bluff" not a bad shore dive there is a video on youtobe of it. Being open ocean care must be taken as it can get quite rugged out there.

Jeff cross now runs out of Marlo he is pretty much your only charter service out there. To be honest its been hit and miss dealing with him and actually getting dives in.

Next stop along the way will bring you to cape conran Beware reef. Friends of Beware Reef Marine Sanctuary

you might be able to score a dive on a private boat if you hit up friends of beware reef.

Malacoota to Eden is only a 1 hour drive. From there you have some awesome sites and in my opinion you would be far better off making the trip to eden

Tathra Wharf
Kianinny Bay
Merimbula wharf
Tasman Hauler (wreck)
Henry Bolte (wreck)

Contact Merimbula divers lodge for any more info.Merimbula Divers Lodge - Learn to dive - Scubapro Diving Equipment

If you have a dive buddy with you there may be some shore dives along the way but thats all uncharted territory and being the coastline that it is take into considerations all the usual safety precautions.

Eden is a nice part of the world and worth the drive in my opinion.

Best of luck with finding some dives out that way.

If you need any more details let me know

Dive safe

Nath

Thanks for such an informative response Nath.
Maybe I'll keep this trip as just general travel/camping, and organise a separate dedicated dive trip to Eden, Merimbula and Tathra.

Where abouts in melbs are you. Always looking to expand the pool of potential dive buddies

Cheers

Nath

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom