Diving near Sattahip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I run a small dive club and we will be in Sattahip near the end of May and was wondering if anyone could recommend a few good dive operators I can set up trips through

I don't think there are any operators running direct from Sattahip, all the diving in that area is based from a small fishing town at Samae San, 10 min's drive away. Ray Divers is the only operator actually based in the town, right next to a pier and their boat, Thai owned and well run. Not been on their boat for some time, customers are predominantly Thai's from Bangkok at weekends, but I do believe the boat is available every day subject to demand. I have heard over the years lots of criticism of this outfit, generally emanating from their farrang run competitors around Pattaya who try to discredit them to justify their much higher prices. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY OF IT. Standards are at least as good as what you will get from any of the Pattaya shops and far superior to many, the main difference is that they do not operate a pick up / drop off service, but dare say if you don't have your own transport they would organise something for you, particularly if there are a few in your club?

Other than that all the other boats in the area are operated by the Pattaya shops who will transport you from Pattaya to Samae San, about 30-40 minute drive, Tread carefully. Real Divers based in Jomtien would be my choice.

I use Ray Divers for when I go to Hard deep. My only complaint is they don't offer nitrox. They charge by the tank, so if you do 1, 2 or 3 dives you pay appropriately. Once you've been on his boat, you really wonder why you'd pay more to go on a farang operation.

The food is pretty good as well on Rays. Mermaids out Jomtien is also a good outfit.

Mermaids is a good option but check in advance. They do not do daily trips down there any more. Also depends on demand.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn't bother. Whilst the diving at Samae San is an improvement to Pattaya. It still leaves a lot to be desired as a dive destination. Same old s**t day frrom the sh***y farrang pattaya rip off shops just at an inflated price becouse of their additional 'transport expenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom