Diving near Tokyo for cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I grabbed the Papalagi and MAR sites, didn't see the JUE.
The prices are certainly frightening, but all the sword play is the terror.
I hate cuts! I'll take lumps, scrapes, and bruises any day over cuts.
I don't even like paper cuts.

Tom

Nomaster:

Tom

www.jue.jp

Only first page made. Soon to be released. PM for details. We are probably the only operation active all year around here.

Thomas

Henryville:
You're a funny guy, Sully. I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

Our immortal Hauptubergovernor of the Kingdom of Kah-li fohn-i-ah, Arnold Schwarzenneger in "Commando."
Bingo!

Henryville:
Jim, here I thought you were this calm, meditative type. We should talk about Peckinpaugh and Tarrantino.
Yeah, I have that side, too...

Henryville:
I think an excellent introductory video clip for the JUE site would be a recreation of the slo-mo walk from Reservoir Dogs, only with guys in dry suits and doubles, carrying scooters and stage bottles. Soundtrack could be "Du Hast" by Ramstein or something similarly suitable. What do you think?
We could have some fun with video...

Henryville:
Hey Richard, I'm a little uneasy about that being your girfriend's name. Next in the hot tub with Jim...

Dev, I thought You had a clue about Tarantino movies???

Uma Thurman plays the character Beatrix Kiddo in Kill Bill.....thats why i named JAGFISH, Beatrix JAGFISH.....not to imply anything in the bathtub with my girlfreind and JAGFISH ;-)

But of course, in a OOG (Out Of Girl) emergency, I guess you would have to go for a Girl-Share procedure? But what if the G refuses? Is that why you always have double-Girl confguration? our would you prefer using a stage-girl for this purpose? But of course, the stage-Girl would have totally different charachteristics than the doubles...

Humm.....there are a lot of confusing things here, glad I signed up for the DIR-F course, hopefully it will clarify certain details *S*

Btw, could you spread some ligt over the bathtub incident? whas it dcpac and JAGFISH? :eyebrow:

rj

Nomaster:

Tom

No worries Tom, if you don't like cuts, feel free to bring your favourite Nunchaku or Bo

:crafty:

Rj

Sting Ray:
Dev, I thought You had a clue about Tarantino movies???

Well that's a demonstration of your complete ignorance when it comes to the subject of me, and what I'm thinking, and what I might do. It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack, not knowledge of Trantinoiana. (recognize that one?)

Sting Ray:
Uma Thurman plays the character Beatrix Kiddo in Kill Bill.....thats why i named JAGFISH, Beatrix JAGFISH.....not to imply anything in the bathtub with my girlfreind and JAGFISH ;-)

But of course, in a OOG (Out Of Girl) emergency, I guess you would have to go for a Girl-Share procedure? But what if the G refuses? Is that why you always have double-Girl confguration? our would you prefer using a stage-girl for this purpose? But of course, the stage-Girl would have totally different charachteristics than the doubles...

Humm.....there are a lot of confusing things here, glad I signed up for the DIR-F course, hopefully it will clarify certain details *S*

Girl-sharing is for hopeless strokes. You want to be thinking primary girl donation. When your buddy encounters a girl failure or other OOG emergency, he (/she?) needs to have confidence that the girl you're dontating is going to be in full working order, and the only way that's possible is to see that you're donating the girl you've been on up to that point. So you will need to get off of your primary, hand her over and go to your bungeed back-up girl immediately. Stages, they are for when you've been down on your primary or "back girl" too long and need to clear yourself, fast. A much more intense mix, your stage girl is going to get you up much faster than would have been the case had you stayed on your primary. Also note the stage is a single reg so you won't be donating or sharing this girl. You'll cover all of this soon, but don't try it before you are fully instructed and have a chance to practice lots of drills with a buddy team. And for god's sake, don't go thinking you are ready for doubles.

Sting Ray:
Btw, could you spread some ligt over the bathtub incident? whas it dcpac and JAGFISH? :eyebrow:

rj

Ah, yes, the hot tub. They probably had to lube the rim of the darn thing, but yes, somehow dcpac and jagfish got in the tub together. Steve was muttering something about dream girl and Jim was doing a reasonable rendition of a scene from Deliverance, and I'm not talking about banjoes or guitars. As far as we could see there was no water left when they got out, and needless to say no one was anxious to get in after that.

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for Go-Go Yubari. I've got a leg warmer question for her...

See you guys in a couple of weeks.

TJO:
www.jue.jp
We are probably the only operation active all year around here.

You are forgetting the hundred or so dive shops in Tokyo/Kanagawa/Chiba/Izu area that operate year round. :wink:

Oh, you mean English speaking? Tokyo Scuba's closing down at the end of the month to close off the season.

As for us, Mar Scuba, we are conducting courses year round and have several students and some tours planned for the upcoming months.

Plus it's nice to do drysuit courses when it is cold...

Henryville:
Well that's a demonstration of your complete ignorance when it comes to the subject of me, and what I'm thinking, and what I might do. It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack, not knowledge of Trantinoiana. (recognize that one?)

Haha....of course! Did it occur to you that it might aswell have been Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan hizzing out that awsome line as Uma in Kill Bill?

Girl-sharing is for hopeless strokes. You want to be thinking primary girl donation. When your buddy encounters a girl failure or other OOG emergency, he (/she?) needs to have confidence that the girl you're dontating is going to be in full working order, and the only way that's possible is to see that you're donating the girl you've been on up to that point. So you will need to get off of your primary, hand her over and go to your bungeed back-up girl immediately. Stages, they are for when you've been down on your primary or "back girl" too long and need to clear yourself, fast. A much more intense mix, your stage girl is going to get you up much faster than would have been the case had you stayed on your primary. Also note the stage is a single reg so you won't be donating or sharing this girl. You'll cover all of this soon, but don't try it before you are fully instructed and have a chance to practice lots of drills with a buddy team. And for god's sake, don't go thinking you are ready for doubles.

I guess that the reason why the whole team has the exact same configuration is to get rid of the he/she problem when it comes to OOG emergencies?
Seem like I need to sign up for Tech 1 too....these are complicated issues i must say ;-)

Ah, yes, the hot tub. They probably had to lube the rim of the darn thing, but yes, somehow dcpac and jagfish got in the tub together. Steve was muttering something about dream girl and Jim was doing a reasonable rendition of a scene from Deliverance, and I'm not talking about banjoes or guitars. As far as we could see there was no water left when they got out, and needless to say no one was anxious to get in after that.

*omg* Did Jim squeal like a pig or did he simply take out his teeth?

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for Go-Go Yubari. I've got a leg warmer question for her...

I think i passed by her in the subway at Shibuya station yesterday....

See you guys in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to diving with you again, when are you coming here next time?

:scubadive

Sting Ray:
Looking forward to diving with you again, when are you coming here next time?

:scubadive

Humm....my previous answer to Henryville look pretty strange? what happened to the quotes? :guitarist

Back
Top Bottom