Diving near Tokyo for cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iruka:
I don't know if the shops in Japan actually have any native English speakers. (snip) I've never been to any of their shops in Japan, but I can see the prices there are MUCH more expensive than here. In glancing back at that price list someone showed earlier, their prices here are roughly 1/2 to 1/3 of the Japan prices....maybe $65 for a beach dive, $90 for 2 boat dives.

You can't compare apples to oranges, costs here in Japan are at least twice of those on Guam.

Papalagi doesn't have any native English speakers on staff here in Japan according to my friend who used to work there a long time ago.

Henryville:
Harry would definitely work, although I was in the mind of High Plains Drifter. I'll bet Quentin watched that one, it's a blazing revenge story.

November 12 - 21. Are you around? You might be doing DIR-F then, I think.

Aha, haven´t seen that one i think...

Yes, DIR-F on the 12-14th and the weekend after I guess we will be diving too? At least those of us that aren´t doing DIR-F that weekend....

Btw guess three times who was diving with a terrible cold this weekend and had to do a 15min deco with Steve-O and the Gimp freezing my *** off, rending me a fever the morning after so I missed the scooter dive......grrrr.....
Anyway, it was a nice weekend, and just typically the sun was shining on Sunday....

Rj :monkeydan

I think this months JUE award goes to Steve for 'Creative use of SS clips as a non-invasive substitute for body piercing'.

jagfish:
...did get better as we went deeper.

you narked yet? :eyebrow:

Henryville:
By the way, remind me to tell you about the new (diving) use I found for KY jelly

Please don't tell dcpac and jagfish! Does it mean that your dry suit is now in actual fact dry?!

Girl-sharing is for hopeless strokes. You want to be thinking primary girl donation. When your buddy encounters a girl failure or other OOG emergency, he (/she?) needs to have confidence that the girl you're dontating is going to be in full working order, and the only way that's possible is to see that you're donating the girl you've been on up to that point. So you will need to get off of your primary, hand her over and go to your bungeed back-up girl immediately. Stages, they are for when you've been down on your primary or "back girl" too long and need to clear yourself, fast. A much more intense mix, your stage girl is going to get you up much faster than would have been the case had you stayed on your primary. Also note the stage is a single reg so you won't be donating or sharing this girl. You'll cover all of this soon, but don't try it before you are fully instructed and have a chance to practice lots of drills with a buddy team. And for god's sake, don't go thinking you are ready for doubles.

Henryville's comprehensive treatise above lacks only one detail, and that is the effective use of Pony Girls. A Pony girl has nothing to do with horse riding - rather it is smaller than usual, self-contained and convenient to have by your side. Due to their small size Pony Girls can get exhausted quickly, but can also provide a reliable alternative in a genuine OOG emergency when your buddy or Stage Girl are unavailable or unsuitable for the conditions. Pony Girls aren't really part of DIR philosophy, but never the less I regulary dive with mine, a light weight model of Korean manufacture.

Wow, was this thread hijacked.

Titan:
Pony Girls aren't really part of DIR philosophy, but never the less I regulary dive with mine, a light weight model of Korean manufacture.

Actually, if you sling the Pony like a Stage Girl, you can be DIR compliant.

And, with the huge capacity of your Pony Girl, I'm sure that it is more than the standard 40 cu. ft. deco bottle...

Titan:
Henryville's comprehensive treatise above lacks only one detail, and that is the effective use of Pony Girls. A Pony girl has nothing to do with horse riding - rather it is smaller than usual, self-contained and convenient to have by your side. Due to their small size Pony Girls can get exhausted quickly, but can also provide a reliable alternative in a genuine OOG emergency when your buddy or Stage Girl are unavailable or unsuitable for the conditions. Pony Girls aren't really part of DIR philosophy, but never the less I regulary dive with mine, a light weight model of Korean manufacture.

Thank you, Titan, for correcting my thoughtless oversight of the Pony Girl option. Having dove with you I can attest to the quality and efficacy of this solution. One question, does this style of team diving make you her pony boy?

Looking forward to diving with you guys again. How is the weather/water down south?

Titan:
Thanks to my occassional visit to this site, I believe I'm beginning to understand some of the basics of GUE-DIR.
I just don't know how to thank you all.

Tom

Henryville:
Thank you, Titan, for correcting my thoughtless oversight of the Pony Girl option. Having dove with you I can attest to the quality and efficacy of this solution. One question, does this style of team diving make you her pony boy?

Looking forward to diving with you guys again. How is the weather/water down south?

Adds a whole new perspective to the Bruce Springsteen song "Pony Boy"... :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom