• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Diving off Chincoteague Island VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic States' started by aquaman_06, Jan 18, 2011.

1. aquaman_06

aquaman_06 Divemaster

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My family just purchased a condo on Chincoteague Island in Virginia. Is there any diving off the coast there or nearby? If so what are the conditions like and what time of the year do people often dive?

2. jrmiah

jrmiah Dive Charter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  3. waterpirate

waterpirate Solo Diver

# of Dives:
    You may want to talk to "the atlantic divers" they run an operation out of chincoteague on the "Regina S" The contact person is Karen Flynn. a great bunch of old divers who have done it all and still diving. They do require a check out dive to see you in action, other than that no worries. There are some great wrecks down there that are seldom dove and great places to hunt as well. As you prolly know allready the Island nation is pretty laid back.
    Eric

4. Drewski

Drewski Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives:
    Hey! "old!"

5. Wil

Wil Captain

Andy,

I think he meant "experienced". The "younger crowd" sometimes confuses old :no: with experience, which is wisdom far beyond their years...ahhh, so much to the teach them... :D

Oh, getting back on topic...there's lots of good diving (Marine Electric, Parking Lot, Parramore Reef) within reach of Chincoteague. Though, I don't know of any Dive Boats running out of there. As for me, you know, I bring the boat!

Safe Diving,
    Wil

6. Drewski

# of Dives:
    Well, I was just with all of them the other night and, well, they must be VERY experienced! Which, of course, they are... :D

Oh BTW, here's a few photos from Capt-JT's website of your "OLD" divers, lol...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

LOL...

7. waterpirate

waterpirate Solo Diver

# of Dives:
    Nice pics!!! and I did mean old in years, just for the record. Before this gets too out of hand, I am a tender and young 46. So I am also making fun of myself.
    They do run a boat out of chincoteague, but the only way on is through them. They are people worth meeting.
    Eric

8. Drewski

# of Dives:
    Yeah, I didn't take it bad, LOL... :D

9. emcbride81

emcbride81 Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Grew up vacationing in that area, would love to dive there. If you ever need a buddy, shoot me a message!

10. Rich Keller

Rich Keller Solo Diver

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Any suggestions for beach dive or kayak dive sites in the area?