Diving on a budget from Southern Thailand in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Not much to ask! :)
I am volunteering in Thailand at the moment and I will be finished at the beginning of August. I would love to get some diving done and have brought some gear with me (dive computer, dive skin, camera housing, mask and snorkel). Unfortunately, since the original (cancelled!) volunteering project I was meant to be doing was diving, with all equipment included in my volunteer fee I find myself a bit short in the money department.
I am a BSAC Sports Diver who has never dived tropical waters before, and I am dying to get some good diving done. I have read some previous posts and am intrigued by those about Redang and Perhentian in Malaysia. If anyone has further info or advice about the region I'd be really grateful. I would be travelling alone.
Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
Eva

My choice would be for the Perhentians. I spent 2 weeks on Pulau Besar thought the diving was good. Nice and relaxed, beautiful island. I hope I can go back sometime...

I think Pulau Redang is a bit more difficult to dive on a budget. More oriented towards package tours and not the best for a scuba oriented budget trip. But I could be missing something, since I've not been there.

Of course, Koh Tao would be an option. I spent a month there, staying in a cheap bugalow and diving lots, the dives were mostly good. Well worth the visit but I don't plan on going there again to dive. Kinda crowded, but still a nice island.

Have fun:D

Back
Top Bottom