Diving on the St Lawrence River in Upstate, NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geolobo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im interested in diving on two locations, if anyone has any specific addresses, locations, GPS coords and scuba maps they can share with me

1.) Prescott, ont Docks (Scuba Park)

2.) Waddington, NY Milk Factory

Any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Hi Geolobo,

I dive on the Saint Lawrence ervery year, but at neither of these site. I mostly dive the Clayton and A-Bay, NY areas.

Here is a link I have found so far for the Scuba Park:

Neptune: diving in Ontario, Scuba Park (Prescott)

I will try and find you some info on the Milk Factory

For the Scuba Park in Prescott, just go down to the waters edge in the middle o town and there is a parking lot, you can't miss it. the diving is nothing special. The better shore dives are:

Rothesay: From Prescott head toward Brockville and look for a 55gallon drum/garbage can on the left. there is a small parking lot with a port-a-john. Surface swim out to the milk jug and descend and have a great dive.

Conastoga: From Prescott head toward Cardinal. Before the bridge there is a light. turn right and head towards the waters edge into the park. Bare to the right and follow the narrow roadway til you see the stack sticking out of the water. park right after the stack.

the waddington milk factory is :
rt 37 to james st
james st to corner-take left on pave/dirt rd. to water
bouys mark inside depth
factory is outside the bouys-carp usually have the vz mucked up!!!!
good luck-have fun!!!!
Yaeg

The Islander wreck is another nice shore dive in the St. Lawrence area. It's located on the U.S. Side in the town of Alexandria Bay. Nice shore access from behind the River Hospital. Nice bonus is When your done diving you can relax and enjoy the summer touristy atmosphere of the town.
[h=1][/h]

Hi everyone,
I was given the opportunity to get certified through the Wounded Warrior Project. There was a class held on Ft. Drum 19 - 21 June and the open water dive will be in Dutch Springs, PA July 31 - August 2.
I can't wait to get certified. I've lived in NNY all my life and have known about the wreckage up and down the St. Lawrence River.
There is currently construction going on beside River Hospital, where you'd usually enter. There is a new access site over beside the Bonnie Castle Resort. When you get there, from the main office and you look across the parking lot, you see the other building which has the bar and pool in. Look to your right and you'll see a large parking lot. Once you get over there, passed the end of the second building, look left towards the water and you'll see the access area.

Dave
KD2BMU

Last time I was in Prescott (a couple of weeks ago) there was no access to the Prescott Playground area. They are doing construction in the parking lot so the site is closed.

I spoke to the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce regarding the work being done near the Ricer Hospital. There will be a short closure of the area while the cement is being placed otherwise access should not be distrupted for divers. There are two additional days in August that are planned to have access limited due to local events . I was informed the access on these days will be for half of the day only. Local divers and dive shops along with Bonnie castle resort have added additional access this summer. Its location is at Bonnie Castle resort and parking is available near the entry point. This area has new platforms as well. The local divers have done this to help alleviate the congestion at the Islander wreck site. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,
I was given the opportunity to get certified through the Wounded Warrior Project. There was a class held on Ft. Drum 19 - 21 June and the open water dive will be in Dutch Springs, PA July 31 - August 2.
I can't wait to get certified. I've lived in NNY all my life and have known about the wreckage up and down the St. Lawrence River.
There is currently construction going on beside River Hospital, where you'd usually enter. There is a new access site over beside the Bonnie Castle Resort. When you get there, from the main office and you look across the parking lot, you see the other building which has the bar and pool in. Look to your right and you'll see a large parking lot. Once you get over there, passed the end of the second building, look left towards the water and you'll see the access area.

Dave
KD2BMU

HA! I got my OWD cert while I was at the Ft. Drum WTU last year, one of the best things I did. My dive buddy was from the same class and we would dive whenever we could anywhere along the river. If you guys are doing your cert dives at Dutch Springs let me know if I can help, I live about a hour away and my schedule is pretty flexible now that I'm retired.:D If anything else you always have a dive buddy in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom