Diving over the weekend 09-11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PsyWulf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Started Padi Rescue course,was quite an experience and then Sunday I finished my Deep certs for MSD

Burnt crispy like a tomato,some bruises from panicked divers being a bit overzealous,but overall fun

Anybody else get busy the weekend?

Mine wasn't as busy as yours. I went for a dive at Windmill Beach with Stephen Bardwell (another SBer) and his dad on Saturday. The vis was surprisingly good, I was expecting a bit of pea soup, the water was a 'warm' 17C and the south-easter hadn't really got going, so it was a very pleasant dive. We practiced a few skills and then just did a chilled out tour of the site. The jellyfish in False Bay are a bit crazy at the moment, though. Both Box and Compass Jellyfish. I've never seen so many. I've seen pretty dense swarms of them before, but there were huge 'clumps' of them at on Saturday: packed really tightly together in one big lump of jellyfish. A little creepy, but interesting to see.

Good luck for the rest of the PADI Rescue Diver course. I enjoyed mine, but it was the first scuba course I've done where I was really physically exhausted afterwards. I don't recall getting any bruises, though, so perhaps I got an easy ride.

Mine wasn't as busy as yours. I went for a dive at Windmill Beach with Stephen Bardwell (another SBer) and his dad on Saturday. The vis was surprisingly good, I was expecting a bit of pea soup, the water was a 'warm' 17C and the south-easter hadn't really got going, so it was a very pleasant dive. We practiced a few skills and then just did a chilled out tour of the site. The jellyfish in False Bay are a bit crazy at the moment, though. Both Box and Compass Jellyfish. I've never seen so many. I've seen pretty dense swarms of them before, but there were huge 'clumps' of them at on Saturday: packed really tightly together in one big lump of jellyfish. A little creepy, but interesting to see.

Good luck for the rest of the PADI Rescue Diver course. I enjoyed mine, but it was the first scuba course I've done where I was really physically exhausted afterwards. I don't recall getting any bruises, though, so perhaps I got an easy ride.

You talk about the jellies,when we were down there the other day diving arches,if i say we saw about 300 box jellies I might be underestimating

Also a strange sight was hundreds of urchins packed tightly,never seen so many in one spot

Yeah our panicked divers dms werent gentle ;-)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom