Diving Phuket/Phi Phi/Similans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there,

It has been a real long time since I last visited the boards! A big hello to Alison, how's life in Thailand?? :)

Anyway, will like to get some help from those of you who are based in Thailand or dived Thailand numerous times. We are a group of 8 divers who plan to go up to Phuket in December. We intend to dive 3 days in Phuket, followed by 2-3 days in Phi Phi and charter a liveaboard to Similans should we be able to fit this into our budget.

As there are some students in our group, we have to be v.v. conscious of the costings. We are well aware that Dec is the peak season, and the prices are more expensive. Anyone knows of any good dive operators that provide value-for-money and who will be able to give budget rates?

Our accommodation should not be a problem, as we are not too concerned about staying luxury. A couple of friends have advised us to book our dive trips direct in Thailand, since that will be cheaper than what is quoted on the Internet. Comments or recommendations anyone?

Finally, should anyone have any feedback or advise on anything else you can offer, we sure would appreciate it as this is largely a DIY trip, no travel agents involved.

Cheers,
Agnes

Hi Agnes... how have you been?

I will do some checking on this for you - I'm going to Similan for 5 days in Feb (this is the true high season for divers for Phuket/Similan...). Let me check with my LDS and the liveaboard company we're going with to see what they can come up with.

When you say students do you mean dive students or uni students? :p

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Cheers

Hiya Alison,

Been doing great, still keeping up with regular monthly dive trips hehehe now that the diving season in Malaysia is drawing to an end, I am thinking Phuket for some fab fab diving :)

Oh, there has been a change of plans - after much discussion, we have decided to postpone our Phuket and Phi Phi trip to next year early March, and focus entirely on a 6 day live-aboard to Similans this Dec instead. We are not too particular about luxury, since budget is a key consideration. Most of the liveaboards being advertised on the Internet are really expensive, with many charging in US dollars (putting us at a disadvantage).

Yes pls, do let me know if you know of any cheap liveaboard in the area which we can charter. Again, i stress that we don't need any luxury facilities or services - all we care about is the diving, and it will be a real adventure doing it budget anyway :bounce:

students as in Uni students - i sure can understand how they feel, having been in their position before :D

Agnes - I have just sent you a private message on this... I don't know how it works, how you know you've got one etc... so I hope you get it!

Otherwise, you can email me and I'll send it to you again.

Ciao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom