Diving Podcast with Garry Bevan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Many of you may know Garry Bevan, he is a larger than life individual who was the Cruise Director on the Komodo Dancer for many many years. Garry joined us in the studio to chat about his long career diving in Indonesia where he was one of the first dive managers in what is now the iconic Tulamben. We discuss lots of stories about Bali, Komodo, and Alor on this Podcast.
You can watch it on Youtube here:

Or listen to it on iTunes here: Garry Bevan Podcast

Feel free to like, comment, and subscribe for more!

This is great! Thanks so much. I'm still watching and just got to the Komodo Dancer part. My wife and I did a Bali to Komodo roundtrip on the Komodo Dancer about, what I am now shocked to realize, a decade ago. That was a great trip and we had great weather nearly the whole time. Did wake up one night to go up to the salon and find 5 gallon water bottles rolling around while we transited overnight. On the way back to Komodo we had to skip a last dive and was surprised to hear we were headed to Tulumbin. Alas the boat was traveling pretty slowly and we ran out of time to make that dive and never got a chance to get over there. After hearing about his history there, I'm particularly disappointed that did not work out. Anyway, I still remember marveling at Gary, always below us throughout the dive and last out of the water. I've done multiple liveaboards and it is something how many dive guides you end up really respecting. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom