Diving Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be in Fajardo for 2 days then Rincon for 7 at the end of this month. looking for good dive ops and favorite dive sites. I want to do Desecheo, but the rest is up in the air.

Thanks in advance,
Edmundo

Fajardo... nothing too special there. Culebra is nice for snorkeling, but the diving isnt that great.

Taino Divers in Rincon is the best operator that goes to Desecheo: www.tainodivers.com
~Highly recommend them. The problem is weather around Desecheo Island this time of year, if seas are too rough they will cancel at the last minute and go to another spot.

My favorite is Island Scuba in Guanica: Scuba Diving School & Dive Trips in Puerto Rico - Island Scuba
~Mostly goes to the La Parguera Wall as well as other sites around Caja Muerto island and other great spots off the South coast (between Ponce and Mayaguez). In my opinion, this is the best diving in PR. honestly, its equivalent to Desecheo!

I am in the same boat... Headed to PR at the end of the month. I am planning on using Sea Venture's Dive Center in Fajardo and am still looking for somewhere in Culebra. Have a great trip!

After the dives...check out the Bio Bay at Las Croabas Public Park. It is truely amazing and worth the trip.

There are about 3-6 tour operators at the park so you can choose which one you want to go with...me personnally I like the ones that narrorate that trip with history and natural science. The usually have two trips per night into the bay, one at sunset and the other one after dark. You are at the lake at dark on both trips so if you want to see more on the kayak trip take the evening one. It is about a 30 minute paddle trip to the bay thru the mangroves, so you don't want to get to the bay too soon or it will be a long wait for the sun to go down.

Here is one tour operator that I pulled off of the internet...I do not remember who I used.

Bio Bay Kayak excursions in Fajardo Puerto Rico

If I ever get back to PR, I will take the tour again...I had a great time.:dance2:

Bio Bay.jpg

Have fun...

~Michael~

Bio Bay is amazing! higly recommend that too! Havent done the one on Vieques, but the one in Fajardo is awesome. Supposedly the bioluminescent water in Vieques is the brightest in the world with Fajardo being second.

I was also planning a trip to either Vieques or Culebra, however the inter island flights I need are not available.

So I am considering mainland Puerto Rico. I am looking for somewhere safe, low key, good restaurants and bars - nothing crazy though, and good diving and snorkeling.

Any input & ideas are appreciated, as I am under a time crunch with 10 days to go.

Thanks.

Flights go out of isla grande airport starting at 0730 through the day to Culebra and vieques. I get tickets the day before regularly with no problem. They are puddle hoppers from small local companies but they do the job. You can also get to the other island depending on the time you wish to go.
Vieques Air Link
Air Flamenco
are some of the options.

Try this link for info to Vieques. Http://viequestravelguide.com/airlines-flights.html

@Bhtmec2 - the flights were over Easter week so the majority of them were booked already. Got it worked out though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom