Diving report: Bermuda shipwreck dive 9-13-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, Marie13! It takes real concentration to keep that camera steady. I love diving and sharing the experience, but editing video is a drag as you (I suspect) already know.
Thanks for watching~more to come.

DD

I can't wait to do some wreck diving. Thanks for your video
Glad you liked it. Is there much wreck diving in North Texas? Living on a Great Lake makes us very fortunate, but sometimes have to travel several hours to get to new wrecks. I hope you get to soon.

DD

Awesome video! We were there in early June and hope to go again in October. It was great seeing such a shallow wreck in good shape and not covered by zebra mussels. Looking forward to more videos!

We Midwest divers are a fortunate bunch. Great wreck dives, large and small, are not so far away from home.
Glad you enjoyed the video, and yes, there will be more to follow

Thanks for sharing the video!

I had a very enjoyable dive on the Bermuda about this time of year back in 2015. My wife and I took a last-minute trip up to the UP for a week when we had to cancel a trip out west due to wild fires in Montana. What a fantastic trip we had!! We LOVED visiting the UP!

I brought my gear and was able to do a couple of dives while in Munising ... the Seven M. Selvick and the Bermuda.

This protected, shallow wreck is really a jewel and a really fun dive! Plenty of time to thoroughly explore and in Sep I had a balmy 61F temperature! Lots of light and plenty of fish. It was a great dive.

This wreck also holds a special place for me as it was the last Great Lakes wreck dive for me before moving to Florida the following year. I may some day get back for some more Great Lakes wreck diving but for now, the Bermuda was my last.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, though I can't think of a reason that you wouldn't :wink: Its a beautiful little town with great diving and interesting history.
I have been to the Selvick and hope to again soon, with my camera. If (when) I do I'll add a video of it as well. Its our first and only man made reef and took the whole community to accomplish the feat.
Florida on the other hand, has plenty of nice wrecks to explore. I myself cannot wait to return to FL for some warmer wrecks and even more fish.
I do prefer fresh water and enjoy looking at 100+ year old wrecks in such nice condition.
There are plenty more here for you to see.

DD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom